Staff Electrical Engineer
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
The Collins Engineering Laboratory provides experimental testing services for research, development, new product validation and verification, and in-service field problems. The Lab's test facilities are organized into several specialized labs, including Pneumatics, Fuel, Hydro-Mechanical, Electronics/EMI, Vibration, and Metrology Labs. Our development focus is Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems, Propulsion, and Space Systems.
The Engineering Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design and construction of laboratory facilities used to simulate the real-world environments that Collins Aerospace products will encounter in everyday use. For example:
- Aircraft Environmental Control Systems flying at 40,000 feet
- Fuel pumps starting up after weathering a blizzard night on the tarmac
- Solar probe thermal management system shaking at liftoff
- Propeller system encountering a bird impact
- Electronic Engine Control susceptibility to a directed energy attack
- Design, specification, procurement, and fabrication oversight of electrical power equipment and services
- Management of the installation and check-out of electrical systems
- Design of electric motor and drive control systems, electric heaters (50-1000kW), facility controls, 3-phase power electronics and distribution systems, temperature control, ladder logic
- Design product interface wiring harnesses
- Design systems for use in ANSI/NFPA Class I, Div. 1 hazardous locations
- Design, programming, configuration, and tuning of Data Acquisition and Control Systems;
- Specification of measurement techniques, sensors, instrumentation, computing, or other special test equipment
- Occasional travel to customer sites, both domestic and international, in support of field testing
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience creating electrical schematics
- Software programming experience
- Familiarity with NEC/NPFA 70 and 70E
- Analog and digital circuit design
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, MATLAB, or other data acquisition environments.
- Ability to create electrical engineering drawings, using Visio, AutoCAD, or Unigraphics
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of PLC systems
- Experience working with cross functional teams
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top