Staff Aerospace System Simulation Platform Developer
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The Systems Engineering organization within Electric Power Systems is currently seeking a highly motivated Aerospace System Simulation Platform Developer with a strong background in complex application design, maintenance, and support. The Behavioral Simulation team (and its tool, the Expert Electric Power System simulator) supports all phases of product development from early requirements analysis, through design, to final product validation and verification.
- Engineer will lead development efforts for large software projects from a technical prospective (design, implementation and test), as well as from a financial planning prospective.
- Engineer will contribute to development efforts led by peers on the team.
- Engineer will provide internal customer support for existing test setups supporting ongoing product development.
- Engineer will be expected to proactively identify and address maintenance concerns.
- Engineer will be a member of team utilizing the AGILE development process.
- Engineer should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team; assist in troubleshooting efforts at our test facility, attend design review meetings, and work off-shift hours if necessary.
- Experience in computer programming
- Experience with C/C++
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Degree in relevant field (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics)
- Object Oriented Design Principles
- Experience with developing applications under the UNIX/Linux or Windows operating system family
- Knowledge of POSIX mechanisms for facilities such as IPC and threading
- Familiarity with common symbolic debugging tools (e.g. gdb, ddd, or dbx)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, TCL, and Linux shell
- Experience using and maintaining software build infrastructure using tools such as "make"
- Exposure to Graphical User Interface (GUI) development using API's such as WxWidgets, GTK2, or Qt
- Experience with algorithms (numerical methods) used to perform physics-based modeling (similar to SPICE)
- Network protocol knowledge such as TCP/IP
- Familiarity with CAN (ARINC-825), ARINC-664, ARINC-429, TTP, ARINC-629, ARINC-739, ARINC-661 Communication Protocols
- Linux system administration experience
- Aerospace experience, especially with aircraft systems architecture
- Familiarity with Software Design Patterns
- Experience working in a team environment
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top