Sr Systems Engineer - Process
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace Governance and Compliance Services organization is seeking a Sr Systems Engineer with a passion for problem solving and satisfying customers through the delivery of improvements to the global engineering ecosystem that provide compelling gains to the consistency, efficiency, and productivity of product development efforts across MIS SBU lifecycle processes.
Collins Aerospace Governance and Compliance Services is at the forefront of providing state-of-the-art solutions that dramatically increases Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Engineering productivity and effectiveness. Our recognized success has been based on the friendly, informal, and highly-cooperative team environment we've put in place, as well as across-the-board depth of talent. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
The successful candidate will have many of the following skills/experience:
- Knowledge or experience in system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
- Experience with development processes (e.g., SDLC)
- Familiarity with business process management tools is a plus (e.g., Stages)
- Ability to adapt to change
- Accomplish tasks on schedule
- Experience with Agile teams
- Collaborate with teammates to make the best decisions
- Enjoy learning new technologies
- Be self motivated to contribute in a work environment positively
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently or within a team
- Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve
- Design and development of business unit engineering processes
- Implementing software tools to enable better delivery, consumption, and sustainment of engineering processes
- Helping establish a means of process effectiveness measurement
- Streamlining and optimizing legacy processes for best business unit alignment
- Effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including
engineering management, engineering teams, program management, and operations.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success . We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top