Sr Manager, Mechanical Design Engineer
- Jamestown, ND
United States of America
HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
This position leads large team of experienced Mechanical and Structural Engineers or team leaders, overseeing key elements of plans for the design, layout, development, testing, and structural evaluation of mechanical, systems, sub-systems and / or machines. Develops processes in support of safety, quality, and design standards.
- Establishes key elements of plans for the design, layout, development, testing, and structural evaluation of mechanical devices, systems, sub-systems, instruments, controls, engines, and / or machines, meeting standards of safety, quality, and design.
- Manages product development activities including engineering studies, feasibility studies, cost estimates, implementation of standard and non-standard specifications, drawing board layout and interpretation, and development of performance or maintenance requirements.
- Manages test and qualification for systems, sub-systems, and components. Directs analysis of test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives. Responsible for modifications or adjustments to meet specifications.
- Manages structural analysis for certification basis or proactive execution of qualification/certification test campaigns.
- Communicate and cooperate with quality clinic and related departments to ensure product quality and safety and support the test and verification of field issues.
- Responsible for implementing commonality and optimization of product & components and improvements in design quality through the reduction in errors and escapes.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, and possible new applications.
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems in areas including, but not limited to, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- May evaluate and analyze various mechanical products to determine their cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- May evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must have engineering leadership experience
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), GD & T in accordance with ANSI Y14.5, CAD
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team through the product development and lifecycle
- Experience with ARP4754, DO-254, and DO-178
- Experience with cost & schedule integration
- Product Life Cycle Knowledge including Systems, Hardware, Software, and Mechanical disciplines
- Knowledge of stress, fatigue, Finite Element, and performance analysis of aerospace structure and systems
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of aerospace product design, qualification, analysis techniques and manufacturing methods
- In-depth understanding of regulatory documents and processes, and structural certification requirements for commercial aerospace products.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems, cargo systems, and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top