Sr Engineer, Manufacturing Optical
- Flexible / Remote
United States of America
HNJ99: Field Office - NJ Remote Location, Remote City, NJ, 07080 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Provides technical leadership and area ownership within the Coating Department with specific responsibilities to include:
- Create end plans to manufacture precision optics in order to determine procedures, tooling, and equipment required
- Support process improvement initiatives - Development of new fabrication techniques, reducing cycle time, reducing process variation, and minimizing non-conformance risk
- Participate in root cause analysis investigations for both machine failures and manufacturing process non-conformances
- Act as a technical lead during optical production phase including overseeing work in the optical shop, working with opticians and technicians to resolve any process variations or non-conformances and working with a larger project team to coordinate transitions between fabrication, metrology, coating, assembly, supply chain, and quality.
- Optical coating process development for new and existing processes that lead to improved product yields, throughput and durability
- Optical coating design including anti-reflection, mirror, bandpass, edge filters, dichroic, etc. Modeling of experimental results, characterization and refinement of optical properties
- Design and processing of electrically conductive and oleophobic coatings
- Materials development of new optical coating materials for UV, VIS, IR wavelength ranges
- Deposition technology development, research and propose new deposition methods
- Interface with Production engineering in transitioning coating processes into manufacturing
- Interface with relevant departments (Quality / Inspection) and program/customer stakeholders as needed.
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals. Will be required to wear appropriate PPE in work areas.
- Familiarization with cleanroom protocols and monitoring practices for coating operations.
- Experience with production of precision optics to include optical windows, lenses or mirrors preferred
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required. STEM degree. US Citizenship or Permanent Residencerequired
- Experience with CAD Modeling Software (e.g. AutoCAD,etc.)
- Hands on proficiency in all aspects of Coating Technologies EB, IAD, IBD, PVD, Vacuum Coating chamber operation and maintenance, process instrumentation operation & recipe programming, process troubleshooting, development, implementation.
- Good mechanical aptitude for coating related tools, fixturing, etc.
- Cleaning & handling of high value optics, including loading/unload and coating operations
- Operational experience using spectrophotometer, microscopy, other general lab instruments
- Capability with FilmStar, MacLeod and general programming experience a plus.
- Basic computer skills, MS Office
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top