Sr. Account Manager (m/w/d)
- Heidelberg, Germany
At Collins Aerospace, we work side-by-side with our customers to tackle the toughest challenges in aerospace and defense. We're combining boundless imagination with a broad portfolio and an unmatched dedication to customers - all to make the skies and spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever.
Our site in Heidelberg has the following core competencies:
- Avionics Systems
- On-board electronics for land vehicles
- Products for the aerospace industry
We have established ourselves as a leading supplier of customized electronics solutions for the aerospace and defense industries. Collins Aerospace in Heidelberg supplies integrated navigation and communications systems for a wide range of military applications and is a global leader in satellite reaction wheel technology.
We are redefining aerospace.
Responsible for the account management, orders forecast and orders capture of Collins Aerospace products, systems and services, working within the Mission Systems Business Unit, for the assigned accounts, regions or countries within Europe.
- Build deals and develop partnerships with existing and new customers, including across German and other European Defense customers.
- Build and enhance business relationships and customer networks
- Execute country sales strategies
- Identify, develop, lead, qualify and win new business to support the company's core strategies for sustainable growth.
- As a Mission Systems Country Manager, he or she is considered an expert on the assigned corporate customers and countries having had wide-ranging experience in a sales or marketing role within the aerospace or defense markets.
- Building and maintaining a personal customer and industry network.
- Work with capture teams to provide ROM and/or Firm Fixed Price (FFP) proposals to customers consistent with company processes.
- Identify customer requirements, new customers and build new client relationships.
- Orders capture, recording of activities and accurate, timely orders forecasting using the CRM database.
- Develop existing accounts and build new ones.
- Follow up on post sales.
- Coordinate with other business units within Collins Aerospace to maximize sales opportunities and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for initiating the export license applications process to support order capture.
- Contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards
- Internal collaboration and cooperation with sales partners including product lines, engineering and program management.
- Manage assigned international non-employed sales representatives (NSRs), in agreement with program management initiate the commission process once pursuits are identified and keep representatives updated on new products and changes within Collins Aerospace.
- Reports to the North Europe Business Development Director
- At least 3 to 5 years of sales experience in a defense company, ideally in the avionics, navigation or communications electronics business
- Strong network in the German MOD and ideally other regional MODs.
- Familiarity with budgeting, purchasing, project management and other relevant processes used by defense departments.
- Track record of sales success and has led the winning of orders with values from €1million to €100million.
- Understands the defense business and defense market and relationships (e.g. relationship between 1st and 2nd tier suppliers)
- General and broad technical understanding of the applicability of products in terms of concept of military operations would be an advantage
- Working experience in a global matrix organization with an integrated business model, preferably in a US company
- Able to travel, based Heidelberg or regionally working remotely
- Military background is beneficial
- Diploma or degree in a technical subject is an advantage
- Fluency in at least German and English
Be a part of our team in Heidelberg
- Join our multicultural team and work with people from different countries
- Flexible working times, opportunity to work in Home Office, 30 days of vacation
- Industry-specific pay
- Company sponsored pension plan
- Corporate health management
- Internal and external training opportunities to promote continuous learning and development
- Global career opportunities at over 300 sites worldwide
Back to top