Specialist, Industrial Engineer
- Wilson, NC
United States of America
HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
We're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Kidde Fire Protection Systems is a global organization providing fully-integrated fire protection systems for aircraft and ground vehicles in both the commercial and government markets.
This position is for a seasoned professional contributor in Industrial Engineering, who may manage projects or processes to ensure overall project development coordination for the most efficient utilization of equipment and material resources. Communicates with parties within and outside Industrial Engineering regarding cost control initiatives and process and systems improvements.
• Conducts research to evaluate potential solutions related to changes in equipment design, procedures, manpower, personnel, or training to ensure the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
• Establishes and implements quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
• May provide input or guidance to lower level professional and technical staff,.
• Reviews and provides analytical input to documents, such as proposals or other operational procedures, to support studies pertaining to cost control, production improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
• Develops and maintains the layout of production floor space to establish maximum utilization of equipment.
• Establishes the physical layout of machinery and the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
• Plans the sequence of operations and procedures and documents manufacturing standard work and routings.
• Plans the allocation of resources, materials and personnel to establish maximum utilization of equipment.
• Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
• Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, productivity improvement, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
• May assist facilities engineers (planning and design of facilities) and materials logistics (packaging design).
Work autonomously with limited oversight from manager.
Coach and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
Influence others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Experience in all actions involving new Capital equipment, such as writing capital funding requests, Statement of Work & Validation requirements; interface with vendors, contractors from installation to production
This position requires a STEM Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top