Software Systems Engineer, ARINCDirect
- Annapolis, MD
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
This role is responsible for supporting our ARINCDirect systems engineering team. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the product life cycle for our products providing planning and communications tools primarily for jet transportation of corporate, VIP, and government customers.
- Executes objectives for requirements management, reliability, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements, and other disciplines for large or complex projects.
- Monitors the cost, effectiveness, and reliability of activities and recommend modifications to optimize resources, prioritize spending, and ensure that standards are met
- Manages work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools for large or complex projects.
- Researches and evaluates investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization's systems products and services.
- Provides analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and develops verification criteria and plans for the requirements
- Performs analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and end-of-life.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics.
- Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs architectural exploration.
- Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
- Experience in system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
- Experience integrating software and hardware
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success . We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top