United States of America
HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd, Vergennes, VT, 05491 USA
We are seeking a software engineer to support the test equipment engineering team. The role will be focused on the design, documentation, integration, and support of LabVIEW based automated test equipment for aerospace products and systems. The Software Engineer will help ensure that the test equipment SW design meets all of the product testing and test coverage requirements as well as ensuring production equipment is operational.
- Design, development, test and validate software to meet test equipment requirements.
- The designs must be traceable to customer, system specifications and software detail specifications.
- Develop and maintain test documentation, including plans, procedures, and reports.
- Develop and maintain verification and validation software on various types of specialized automated test equipment.
- Be involved in the development of Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) from conception through implementation.
- Support failure investigation in developing cause and corrective action for manufacturing and customer top-level systems integration and test failures
- Communicate technical issues through written, verbal and presentation media.
- Support to the manufacturing/operations group to help ensure on-time delivery of product.
- In performing these activities, the Software Engineer will interface with Customers, External Suppliers, Program Managers, Engineering Managers, Mechanical, Software, Electrical, and Systems Engineers, as well as the Manufacturing organization.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required
- 3 plus years working in aerospace industry or other regulated industry.
- Experience programming in a modern high level computer language (LabVIEW preferred), Python, C++.
- Working knowledge of MatLab and Simulink
- Experience with requirements driven development.
- Experience working with and/or managing remote resources.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment - where priorities change.
- Able to work both autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Experience generating and presenting project status.
- Good communication skills
- Hands-on Aerospace / Military hardware design, build, test and integration experience (or in regulated industry)
- Competent in using Microsoft Office applications
- US Citizen or Permanent resident required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Qualified to either a National Instruments CLAD or CLD
- Familiarity with project planning
- Exposure to test systems for one or more of the following: electronic subsystems, battery subsystems, GPS subsystems, fin and/or canard control subsystems, mission computer subsystems, telemetry subsystems, inertial navigation systems
- Able to function at a high level with multiple tasks and projects, and to effectively change direction based upon business needs.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal.
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions.
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms