Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Are you ready to join a team with a strong culture of success and helping each other succeed? Are you ready to come to your job everyday feeling engaged by the work you do and proud of your contributions? Then we have the perfect position for you on our software development team.
The Communication Systems directorate makes some of the most cutting edge products across the enterprise and the software group plays a very large role. We develop innovative solutions that keep our military members safe, connected and informed. Our team has some of the most knowledgeable experts in the industry and work with all the most recent technologies in embedded software development.
Our team is looking for a Software Engineering Intern. As an intern on our team you will be involved in the development of state-of-the-art communications systems by implementing embedded software communications protocols, security mechanisms, encryption algorithms, and/or platform software for our sophisticated software defined radios that enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
We do a lot of work in C++, C, Python and embedded Linux so an understanding of these areas will help the candidate come up to speed quickly.
- Software development and integration role on multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases.
- Support the design and development of embedded software solutions and communications products
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification support
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Strive to consistently produce superior results, keeping project milestones on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
- Desire to successfully work in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers in person and through technology
- Comfortable working with C, C++, python and/or Linux
- Some experience coding in an embedded environment
- Security focused mindset
- Familiar with multi-threaded development
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top