Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Sterling, VA
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The ultimate video game? How would you like to be a software engineer contributing to the development of flight simulators and training systems for some of the coolest military and commercial aircraft, ground vehicles and unmanned vehicles? Collins Aerospace is looking for a dynamic student to become part of the team in Sterling, VA that is responsible for simulator systems architecture, computer systems, and software interfaces to hardware.
- Design, code, integrate, regression test, test and document software
- Perform software debugging using appropriate techniques and tools
- Performs in cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification and validation for products and sub-systems
- Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for well-defined software designs
- Document all steps required to load required operating systems, software, drivers, and operational loads on computer system
- Individual job duties may vary
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Currently enrolled in a degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- A basic knowledge of C/C++
- Self-starter, able to multi-task and take advantage of opportunities and events to achieve results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with peers and management
- Have a good working knowledge of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Have experience with network topology and configuration
- Have an interest in or experience with the Hardware/Software interface to Input/Output devices such as commercial off the shelf industrial automation devices
- Have scripting knowledge or experience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top