Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Annapolis, MD
United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Intern for our Business Aviation and Digital Solutions team located in Annapolis, MD. This organization provides best-in-class flight-support and international-handling services for business jets. We have a 24x7 call center, staffed with qualified pilots and dispatchers, but make 100% of our functionality available over the web. Our sophisticated automation is the main reason our business is successful.
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of Front-end software for business aviation solutions and avionics products
- Responsible for improving the toolset used during the software development life cycle. The position will entail the development using Python or Angular.
- Interact with onsite "customers" for requirements and implementation.
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification support
Specific qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle concepts.
- Familiarity with Software Design tools.
- Ability to understand PWA/Angular or Python.
- Comfort working in a Linux environment, including installing and configuration packages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-reliant and resourceful.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master's degree in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above is required
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week
The Ideal candidate will possess:
- Candidate typically is in their Sophomore or Junior year in a four year technical degree.
- Coursework in software design, software engineering, and OOD/OOP.
- Knowledge of Angular.js
- Knowledge of python
- Knowledge of unit testing such as py.test and karma
- Functional knowledge of source control and software automation such as using pipelines
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top