Software Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Richardson, TX
United States of America
HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The HFGCS software engineering group is looking for a co-op with the desire to be part of a dedicated team responsible for software development activities associated with an existing ground-based radio communication system. Voice switching services within the system allow radio operators to individually support two-way voice and data communications with mobile and other fixed radio platforms worldwide. The management system is based on a custom software application utilizing multiple databases to control and manage a variety of HF radio, antenna, and peripheral components using serial and Ethernet data protocols. The primary control network is a TCP/IP computer network using commercially available IP routers and Microsoft Windows servers and workstations within a single Active Directory Domain to host the control application. A web interface provides access to the system which is globally distributed and operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
As a software engineering co-op you will support the development of the HFGCS software. You will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the full software development life cycle activities, including the design, development, integration, test, verification, and deployment of the software. The candidate will get hands-on experience in the engineering lab and work with a team of engineers all working toward the same goal of delivering a high-quality software product on time. The candidate should be self-motivated and willing to work in a fast paced environment as part of a dynamic software development team.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience in object-oriented Windows-based application programming.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience programming in Microsoft Visual C/C++ and/or Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and/or Microsoft networking components (Active Directory, DNS, etc.).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) and/or Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) Library.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases and/or SQL programming.
- Familiarity with Windows Server Failover Clusters (WSFC) and/or SQL Server Failover Clusters.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual C# / .NET Framework, Python, and/or PowerShell.
- Experience with static code analysis tools, including tools such as Fortify, Coverity, and/or Understand.
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Application Security and Development Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG).
- Experience using configuration management tools such as SVN or Git.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top