Software Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace is currently seeking Software Engineering Co-op in our Air Transport Displays and Platform Software team located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This organization is cognizant for our Commercial Platform Software product.
As a Software Engineering Co-op at Collins Aerospace you will support the development of flight critical embedded software for commercial aviation applications. You will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the design, development and verification of real-time embedded software. The Software Engineering Co-op shall be responsible for requirements, software code and verification testing. The candidate will get hands-on experience in the engineering lab and work with a team of engineers all working toward the same goal of delivering a high-quality software product on time.
- Must be pursuing a bachelors or master's degree in engineering
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework by December 2019
- GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position.
- C / C++ programming experience, Python Experience
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems
- Experience in writing software requirements, software design and implementation, functional and integration testing, writing test cases and test procedures, and software delivery support.
- Defense or Aerospace industry experience is preferred.
- Strong contributor to a positive work environment that focuses on solutions
- Energetic and proactive self-starter that builds sound, collaborative relationships
- Strong presentation skills
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
- Champion of change and vision
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
- Customer focus
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top