Software Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- Technical responsibilities for this software engineering position will primarily encompass working in a software role across multiple platforms and communications waveforms, to leverage existing code bases and contribute to key decision making for the successful development of applications across multiple product lines.
- Involvement in requirements definition, collaboration on software design, implementing software, unit test and software\hardware integration based on defined requirements and detailed design.
- Collaborate with software and systems engineers to identify, communicate and capture architecturally significant decisions, requirements and technical risk areas that drive commonality among multiple products for competitive customer offerings
- Provide guidance on relevant technologies across company and industry practices and standards
- Solving complex software and systems problems
- Support and mentor engineering teams that are contributing to software design and implementation, software/hardware integration activities, and technical interchange reviews and meetings with internal and external customers
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Student must currently be enrolled full-time and pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in a STEM field.
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Software development and integration role experience on complex multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases.
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design in C++
- Experience with standard full lifecycle software development practices and configuration management tools
- Strive to effectively communicate technical issues in a professional manner; both written and oral form.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top