Software Engineering Co-op (Spring/Summer 2021)
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This Engineering Co-op position will work with the Avionics Advanced Manufacturing team in the Cedar Rapids, IA facility. This position is for an engineering student interested in learning software engineering principles used in manufacturing. If selected, the employee will become familiar with Industry 4.0 implementation and state of the art manufacturing techniques used to improve the production process.
- Work with Engineers from different disciplines to pilot and implement different Smart Factory solutions for new and existing manufacturing sites.
- Learn about the IIOT (Industrial Internet of Things) and how it can be used to optimize existing manufacturing processes.
- Use software skills to implement new technologies for Smart Manufacturing projects.
- Identify use cases for new technology manufacturing tools and machines.
- Analysis and of various manufacturing data; i.e. Work In Process (WIP), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Use software skills to create Smart Manufacturing solutions that use manufacturing data to create automated solutions.
- Solve complex production issues through the use of new technology and application development or update.
- Help the team with projects in these areas: Active and passive RFID, machine connectivity, augmented and virtual reality, smart tools, and automation of processes.
Required Skills: (desired before or acquired during tenure)
- Web based application development
- Data visualization
- SQL - Structured Query Language
- Database management systems
- Immersive technologies (Virtual and augmented reality)
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and take direction from others
- Currently enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate engineering degree from an accredited college/university
- Have 2 or more years completed i n Software, Comp Sci, or Computer Engineering degree or other applicable engineering field
- This position requires the applicant to work in a restricted facility requiring U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top