Software Engineer-Embedded Communications
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Are you ready to join a team with a strong culture of success and helping each other succeed? Are you ready to come to your job everyday feeling engaged by the work you do and proud of your contributions? Then we have the perfect position for you on our software development team.
The Communication Systems directorate makes some of the most cutting edge products across the enterprise and the software group plays a very large role. We develop innovative solutions that keep our military members safe, connected and informed. Our team has some of the most knowledgeable experts in the industry and work with all the most recent technologies in embedded software development.
Our team is looking for an entry-level Software Engineer. As an engineer on our team you will be involved in the development of state-of-the-art communications systems by implementing embedded software communications protocols, security mechanisms, encryption algorithms, and/or platform software for our sophisticated software defined radios that enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
We do a lot of work in C++, C, Python and embedded Linux so an understanding of these areas will help the candidate come up to speed quickly.
- Software development and integration role on multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases.
- Support the design and development of embedded software solutions and communications products
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification support
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Strive to consistently produce superior results, keeping project milestones on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
- Desire to successfully work in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers in person and through technology
Preferred Skills (but not required)
- Comfortable working with C, C++, python and/or Linux
- Some experience coding in an embedded environment
- Security focused mindset
- Familiar with multi-threaded development
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top