- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
We are looking for a Senior Software Product Engineer to support the Electric Power Systems Power Conversion and Distribution product group. We are seeking an individual that has the capability to work collaboratively with a team, some local and some remote, to synthesize embedded flight software along with life cycle and certification evidence. The candidate will define, maintain, document, implement, and test software requirements for the secondary power distribution products.
Candidate must be able to work on a cross-functional support team and be able to communicate clearly in various review boards both internally & externally.
- Working in a team environment, sometimes including remote team members, engaging in full life-cycle development (plan, requirements, design, verify, certify/qualify) of electric power distribution and conversion systems, typically done in C, and certifying to aerospace standards (DO178B/C is typical, Design Assurance Levels A to C).
- Participate in software discipline council improving and adapting standard work and department practices.
- Conduct and coordinate moderately complex tests for control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software to develop software engineering activities.
- Analyze system capabilities and determine end user needs to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition to ensure current and future needs of the business are met.
- Develop skillsets to develop software architecture.
- Design, develop, document, test and debug control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Determine end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
- Ensure hardware and software standards are met.
- Design and implement build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- Aerospace embedded controls, especially secondary distribution
- Software architecture and development experience in power distribution
- Experience with creating High Level Requirements (HLR)
- Experience C/C++/C Sharp
- Experience DO-178C
- Experience DO-330
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with common and parameterized software (Parameter Data Item - PDI)
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- System and Software experience
- Experience ARP 4754
- 10+ years of aircraft software experience
- Understanding of SW V&V
- Python & VB scripting
- This position is located in Rockford, IL and the opportunity to work remotely may be considered.
- If remote, need to have the ability to travel 25% to work with team
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top