Senior Technical Project Manager - Military Avionics Hardware
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Do you have what it takes to lead projects for an innovative, forward thinking, intrinsically motivated engineering design team?
The Common Platform Hardware (CPH) department in the Military Avionics and Helicopters directorate has an opening for a Sr Technical Project Manager. This department is responsible for the development and sustainment of state of the art avionics products including integrated processing cabinets, displays, video processing modules, and control panels used in military fighter, fixed wing, and rotary wing aircraft platforms.
We are looking for a strong, passionate leader with an action oriented, collaborative mindset, who operates with a vision, delivers benefits to exceed expectations, builds and enhances his/her teams, evaluates performance of self and others by results, plans for his/her team's needs, anticipates project/organizational change, all while operating with integrity.
CPH is responsible for designing products for both commercial and military avionics. The successful candidate will lead and manage projects to meet cost, schedule and technical performance commitments, working closely with peer engineers, program management, manufacturing, and customers. They are the single point of contact for engineering responsible for the technical leadership and project management of design & development activities, within the guidelines set by the product line, program manager, and our customers. Experience related to the design and development of printed circuit designs and custom ruggedized chassis is desired; engineering design experience and Earned Value management experience is strongly desired. This person will also lead customer business related activities including bids, proposals, and customer technical presentations.
- Serves as the engineering project leader for programs developing Avionics products, including oversight of hardware, software, and firmware scope to ensure program commitments are met
- Serves as engineering project leader, providing project management and technical direction during all program phases including; pursuit, bidding, planning, execution, and sustainment
- Ensures consistency with Collins Aerospace technical consistent engineering processes
- Ensures compliance with Program and Product requirements as reflected in design plans
- Leads wide range of entry-level to highly experienced engineers
- Demonstrates technical expertise in processing platforms and the associated technologies
- Maintains awareness of key technologies and the companys' competitive position
- Supports development and transition of products into a manufacturing environment
- Supports employment of cost reduction strategies to maximize DTC+ impacts on products
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Successful leadership experience in developing ruggedized avionics products
- Experience managing technical projects including schedule and Earned Value management, risk management, customer interaction, and briefing executive leadership
- Experience with Avionics regulatory and certification requirements: TSO, MIL-STD, DO-160, DO-254, DO-178B/C
- Proven record of meeting objectives and commitments
- Possess a collaborative way of working
- Demonstrated success in balancing system performance and affordability
- Strong communicator, able to interface with the spectrum of individual contributor to executive leadership
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top