Senior Systems Engineer - Mission Systems Autonomy
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Senior Systems Engineer - Mission Systems Autonomy
The Mission Systems Engineering Autonomy & Mission Engineering Solutions Department (AMES) is seeking a dynamic Senior Systems Engineer supporting our Advanced Business area. The successful candidate will have a passion for innovation and the drive to see new technology and capability mature into systems solutions. This role would be responsible for supporting the development of emerging technologies and differentiators required to position Collins Aerospace for growth, with a focus on unmanned air-launched effects (ALE) with payloads used for a reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition (RSTA). This includes development, prototype, and subsequent demonstration of UAS related system architectures such as autonomous systems and behaviors, advanced communications management, vehicle navigation and control, and other advanced system technologies.
Additionally, this position will also participate in portfolio pursuit and order capture opportunities, leveraging existing Collins Aerospace software and hardware product baselines and development of new technologies to contribute to and create winning program proposals.
The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team composed of professionals from several disciplines and must have the ability to function well, both alone and with others, and have strong interpersonal skills. This position may require occasional travel (up to 10%.). Position requires that candidate has a final US DoD security clearance, or ability to obtain a final security clearance (US Citizenship is required) in order to access classified information.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience through all phases of system development including: program pursuit and capture, requirements capture and analysis, system architecture design, requirements allocation and traceability, system / subsystem integration, system verification, system validation and life-cycle product support.
- Thrive on a multi-disciplinary team and be able to bridge gaps between subject matter experts in various technical domains across multiple Collins Aerospace business units
- Uses portfolio vision to think beyond the immediate situation, explore multiple potential paths, and adapt decision-making style and thought process based on the situational circumstances.
- Experience with DoD open systems architecture and protocols (FACE, JCA, HOST, OMS, SOSA, Joint Common Architecture, etc.)
- Interface with business development and strategy, program management, product-line engineers, hardware engineers, software engineers, and customers.
- Performs architectural exploration while aiding in the setting of portfolio strategy.
- Leading and coordinating program level cost estimates during the bid and proposal cycle.
- Leading and coordinating the development of technical proposals during the bid and proposal cycle.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt decision-making style based on the situational circumstances.
- Uses personal experience and best practices to identify issues, potential problems, and risk.
- Capable of estimating, tracking, and communicating cost, schedule, and risk in support of program earned value metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Final US DoD security clearance or ability to obtain a final security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrated pursuit and order capture experience
A successful candidate will possess:
- Prior experience with unmanned air-launched effects used for a reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition (RSTA) with an understanding of what is required to launch from a rotary-wing and fixed-wing platforms while carrying differing / integrated payloads.
- Will excel at new business capture and execution of new technology developments
- Demonstrated experience using tools such as JIRA, ALM, DOORS, Subversion, PREP, Enterprise Architect, and Caemeo.
- Modeling and simulation experience using distributed simulations is desired
- Exposure to Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) helpful but not required
- Experience with executing Research and Development / Science and Technology Programs, delivering new technologies to internal and external customers is desired.
- Experience working effectively in highly collaborative environments, a demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and lead technical efforts spanning multiple stakeholders, and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must.
- Background and/or knowledge of critical technologies such as:
- UAS Command and Control Systems
- Autonomy Algorithms
- Detect and Avoid
- Flight Management Systems
- Sensor Fusion / Sensor Systems
- Weapons Systems
- Human / machine interface
- Information Assurance
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top