Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Communications
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Are you ready to join a team with a strong culture of success and helping each other succeed? Are you ready to come to your job everyday feeling engaged by the work you do and proud of your contributions? Then we have the perfect position for you on our software development team.
The Communication Systems directorate makes some of the most cutting edge products across the enterprise and the software group plays a very large role. We develop innovative solutions that keep our military members safe, connected and informed. Our team has some of the most knowledgeable experts in the industry and work with all the most recent technologies in embedded software development.
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. As an engineer on our team you will be involved in the development of state-of-the-art communications systems by implementing embedded software communications protocols, encryption algorithms, security mechanisms and/or platform software for our sophisticated software defined radios that enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
We do a lot of work in C++, C, Python and embedded Linux so proficiency in these areas will help the candidate come up to speed quickly. Experience working in an Agile environment would also be preferred.
This position is for a seasoned Software Engineering professional, working independently. Conducts moderately complex tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems. Undertakes multidisciplinary research, and works on system capabilities analysis to determine end user needs.
- Software development and integration role on complex multi-threaded embedded C and C++ product software code bases.
- Support the design and development of embedded software solutions and communications products
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution, and certification support
- Mentor software developers in technical and process-related areas
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Strive to consistently produce superior results, keeping project milestones on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
- Desire to successfully work in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers in person and through technology
- Be comfortable working in a Linux development environment; experience with using mutexes, semaphores, queues, inter-process communication, and interrupt service routines beneficial
- IP networking and networking protocol experience is desirable
- TDMA, mobile adhoc network (MANET) and waveform communication protocol experience is desirable
- Experience with platform software solutions and device drivers for operating system boot, Board Support Package (BSP), file systems interfaces, health monitor, network communication, etc.
- The Open Systems Interconnection model, with a focus on layers 2 (data link) and 3 (network)Work with cutting-edge technologies, such as multicore processors, hypervisor systems, and systems-on-a-chip
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top