Senior Software Engineer - Cybersecurity / Cryptography
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Are you ready to join a team with a strong culture of success and helping each other succeed? Are you ready to come to your job everyday feeling engaged by the work you do and proud of your contributions? Then we have the perfect position for you on our software development team.
Our Crypto team in the Communication Systems directorate creates some crazy advanced embedded cryptographic capabilities for U.S. military communications products. We regularly work with the N.S.A. to ensure our military communications are secure and trustworthy. Our team works alongside multiple hardware, FPGA and software teams in order to seamlessly embed our advanced technology into several different products. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team. As an engineer on our team you will be involved in the design, development, integration and verification of our embedded encryption algorithms. We do a lot of work in C++, Python and embedded Linux so proficiency in these areas will help the candidate come up to speed quickly. Knowledge of secure systems, secure software development or crypto applications is preferred but not required. Experience working in an Agile environment would also be preferred.
Candidates must be able to work at a system level understanding the designs and interactions of the system hardware and software components. Candidates are also required to have excellent communication skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form to internal and external customers. The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Software development and integration role on a multi-threaded embedded C++ product software code base.
- Support the design and development of embedded cryptographic solutions and communications products
- Support project team activities related to the specification of requirements, software implementation, test case development, verification test execution and certification support
- Mentor software developers in technical and process-related areas
Potential work as a member of the team:
- Crypto system requirements capture and design formulation
- Exposure to crypto algorithms and their implementation
- Integration of crypto system hardware and software components
- Verification and validation of crypto system functional and security requirements
- Development of software based tools to support crypto system development, integration, and verification
- Development of artifacts to support certification of crypto system and components
- Experience with Information Assurance and/or Cybersecurity industry standards of practice
- Lead or participate in proposals and bidding exercises utilizing the SEER parametric estimation tool for systems effort
- Experience as a technical or project lead to ensure that project execution is successful
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be capable to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Ideal candidates will have experience with software development using a high-level programming language (C++, C#, Java, Perl, Ada, VHDL) as well as hardware-software integration in real-time embedded systems.
- Strive to consistently produce superior results, keeping project milestones on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
- Desire to successfully work in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers in person and through technology
- Demonstrated experience integrating system hardware and software components.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top