Senior RF Systems Engineer
- Richardson, TX
United States of America
HTX36: Richardson, TX 3200 E Renner Rd , Richardson, TX, 75082-2402 USA
Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Engineering is seeking a talented individual to join the Electrical Engineering department and help us create the next generation of Strategic Communications. The task requires proven experience in the area of developing and upgrading systems in military platforms. This position is intended to provide additional capability to a diverse development team.
- Project execution with influence into requirements decomposition and hardware design
- Design responsibilities will have a special emphasis on the hardware and system architecture
- Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis, through design, testing, factory transition, and support of fielded systems
- Technically plan, execute, and manage their project tasks to meet or exceed programmatic needs
- Develop platform use cases based on customer concept of operations (CONOPS) through regular customer interaction
- Provide insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
- Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
- Develop hardware and systems requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements
- Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for platform, environment, functionality, cost, and Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)
- Test and verify designs that meet documented requirements
- Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
- Lead early project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
- Adherence to and support of the Collins Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
- Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive teams to success
- Read and understand metrics to predict execution issues
- Work with their team and other team leads to resolve complex issues
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge of design and development processes with practical experience in multiple phases of the HW lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, validation/verification, and sustainment
- Extensive knowledge of RF systems and applications to electronic warfare, strategic communications or similar applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital and RF systems, EMI/EMC, signal integrity analysis and electromagnetic theory
- In-depth knowledge of microwave solid state circuits, high frequency test and Advanced RF System Design
- Extensive knowledge of RF simulation\design tools (such as Microwave Office)
- Knowledge of modulation schemes, frequency planning, and RF development tools
- Electrical measurement equipment familiarity, including: DMM, LCR, Milli-ohm Meters, Vector Network Analyzers, Hipot/Ground Bond Testers, Function Generators, Oscilloscopes, TDR Meters, Spectrum Analyzers
- Well versed in communicating and interpreting technical information
- Experience with configuration management tools and processes
- Proven technical leadership of small technical teams
- Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
- Understanding of earned value management techniques and philosophy and how it pertains to their project execution
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Strong background and/or knowledge of Electronic Warfare Signal Analysis and Design
- Microwave RF circuit design expertise
- Experience in using high potential AC/DC/RF electrical testers (Hipot)
- Demonstrated experience in Timing analysis and signal integrity analysis tools (Mentor Hyperlynx, Quantum SI, or Microwave Office preferred)
- Factory transition planning and support
- Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
- Able to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions
- Highly proficient in earned value management techniques and philosophy
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top