Senior Military Contracts Manager
- Chula Vista, CA
United States of America
HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
We are looking for someone who can help us grow this business segment as we pursue new military applications for our nacelle and flight surface technology. The ideal candidate will provide strategic direction for systems, projects, and programs in close coordination with our business development team, provide guidance to our executive team on legal and compliance matters, and serve as the lead chair in contract negotiations with our military customer base.
- Work closely with office of the general counsel to draft, analyze, and negotiate statements of work, terms and conditions, data requirements, etc. to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Review of solicitations, Request for Proposals, contracts, modifications (new and follow-on business) for terms and business risks, support proposal preparation team and provide guidance on signature and approval authority, as needed
- Lead negotiations on proposals and support, and lead when required, fact finds with customers
- Work frequently with executive leadership to review proposals, and secure their approval to execute new contracts
- Provide flowdown and guidance to the program team on the requirements within the contract (SOW, Data Deliverables, IP rights, reporting requirements, schedule, etc.)
- Manage existing contracts to ensure compliance to contract terms, identify and seek adjustment for out of scope changes, and to mitigate risk areas
- Contribute to meeting program financial goals (milestones, progress payments, payment terms, schedule flexibility, cash collection, etc.)
- Track incoming changes from customer, maintain change ledger, drive change assertion process thru closure
- Support internal functional customers with contractual issues and understanding of contract risk mitigations
- Act as key liaison between program and customer
- Participate in Program Reviews with internal and external customers
- Draft and vet customer correspondence and program letters with liability and contractual obligations in mind
- Review Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and other such agreements in the course of business
- Support continuous improvement initiatives to enhance department and organizational performance and effectiveness
- Will not have direct reports, however will be responsible to mentor junior contract professionals and review their work to ensure output is of quality and in accordance with business objectives
- Minimum 10 years of experience in contracts. All in federal government contracting is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Proficiency with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS and the various associated contract types.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of an organization (internally and externally).
- Able to work expeditiously under time constraints.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results oriented; working collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced manufacturing business environment.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, management, finance or related field required.
- MA/MS degree or JD.
About the Business:
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Aerostructures (AS) business in San Diego is a world leader in nacelle and flight surface technology, providing benefits such as better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Founded in 1940 by Fred Rohr, who designed components for Charles Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis, this business has been a mainstay in the local community for 80 years, and has a truly global footprint.
To date, Aerostructures has been a primarily Commercial business, and we are looking to change that. The Military Programs Contracts group supporting AS has an immediate opening for a Senior Contracts Manager. We are looking for someone who can help us grow this business segment as we pursue new military applications for our nacelle and flight surface technology.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top