Senior Manager, Business Development - Civil Space
- Houston, TX
United States of America
07: Building 07 Houston TX 18050 Saturn Lane, Houston, TX, 77058 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and technically sound Business Development Capture Manager to join our Houston team. The primary focus for this position will be to capture key business opportunities to grow our Commercial Space business within the Civil Space and Sea Systems business unit. As part of the Business Development organization, the Capture Manager will lead the development and capture of new business opportunities in commercial space. This includes shaping program acquisition requirements, developing and capturing customer funded technology development programs, and conducting technical and business briefings. Responsibilities may vary based on business demands, including Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS), and Thermal Control Systems (TCS), and Extravehicular Activity Systems (EVA/Spacesuit).
You must be energetic, adaptable and willing to help drive culture change in this fast paced environment. In addition, you should have a desire and aptitude for understanding business strategy and capture efforts, proposal writing and management, market research, customer contact generation and support, developing a win strategy that supports business goals, and presenting new business opportunities to management. Your role will include:
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, UTC's mission, vision, standards, policies and procedures, and ethics
- Provide strategic leadership to grow the commercial space business q Provide voice of the customer and customer focus to the CSSS business
- Develop, identify and assess new business opportunities, and position new business resources to achieve growth objectives for Civil Space & Sea Systems for pursuits
- Lead Capture execution through development of pricing and win strategies, defining teaming
- decisions, preparation of initial gate reviews and leading the capture process
- Cultivate relationships, develop insights, and transmit strategic messages by developing effective communication with current and prospective customers
- Guide the technical and programmatic pursuit of capture teams
- Lead the creation of winning proposals q Generate and present technical briefings to proposal team and customers
- Follow-up with customers, maintain and grow customer relationships, and drive opportunities to closure
- Participate in conferences, tradeshows and industry days
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical field, engineering preferred
- 10+ years' relevant experience with pipeline development, pursuit identification, and capture process and/or civil space missions and systems
- Track record of successful business captures in Space market
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others in a matrix organization
- Customer and solution focused
- NASA or Commercial Space experience a plus
- Experience with the entire BD and Capture process lifecycle
- Successful at leveraging research, analytics, and industry insights to create strategic and tactical value
- Experience developing and maintaining strong opportunity pipelines
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE. Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check and drug screen (every external new hire in the U.S.) "This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce. "
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again. Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top