Senior Engineering Manager - Waveform Technologies
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Senior Engineering Manager , Advanced Technology/Communications & Navigation Systems/Waveform Technologies
Our goal is to create technologies that allow Collins to differentiate our products from the competitors' and create new market opportunities through innovation.
Advanced Technology Center is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Communication and Navigation Systems' Waveform Technologies group. This role will provide leadership for a team of highly innovative engineers in the invention, development, and demonstration of new waveform concepts and capabilities. This challenging position will entail leading development of cutting-edge waveform solutions that can quickly go from concept, to field demonstration, to fielded product. The applicant must be creative, highly self-motivated, have strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and demonstrated customer focus. Prior experience leading research and development activities is highly desirable.
Job Responsibilities and Underlying Tasks:
- Provide leadership for the design and development of advanced waveforms and communications systems/subsystems.
- Develop innovation strategies via collaboration with external agencies, internal customers and partner organization across the company
- Collaborate with product development personnel across Mission Systems and RTX to set strategic direction and recommend projects for independent research & development (IR&D).
- Identify and lead team members through pursuit, order, capture activities for externally funded R&D
- Development of internal and external networks, forging relationships with peers within Mission Systems Engineering, Business Development, and Value Stream leadership.
- Coach team members in principal investigator (PI) role for research
- Plan, organize and supervise the activities of a team of engineers.
- Responsible for oversight of the execution of externally funded programs and IR&D projects, striving for 100% customer satisfaction.
- Maintain awareness of technology and Rockwell Collins' competitive position
- Up to 15% travel
- Passion for challenging and developing people
- Hands-on experience in FPGA development and signal processing techniques and implementation
- Expertise in Tactical Data Links and advance signal processing
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Past success in securing government research and development contracts
- Excellent verbal/written communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in identifying, communicating and mitigating risks
- Knowledge of current industry trends
- Demonstrated capability in a fast-paced, dynamic, creative work environment
- Aptitude in waveform design and radio systems architecture
- Familiarity with communications and electronic warfare systems
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team leader
- Excellent verbal/written communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in identifying, communicating, and mitigating risks
- Knowledgeable of industry trends within his/her domain
- Demonstrated ability to work in a creative, as well as practical problem-solving environment
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in communications systems design
- In-depth knowledge of physical layer modem design and emulation tools for software defined radio
- Operational knowledge of techniques required to develop waveforms and signal processing for operation in contested environments
- Prior communications design and simulation experience using tools such as Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in platform integration and field demonstrations
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success . We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top