Senior Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
For this position we seek a seasoned, professional electrical manufacturing engineer, who will work independently, and design simple assembly line and sequence of complex operations. In addition, the engineer will check manufacturability of existing products, and implement manufacturing processes and changes to improve products and reduce costs. Please note that this electrical manufacturing engineer will work during "3rd shift".
- Designs and modifies small cell or simple assembly lines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout
- Designs the sequence of larger and more complex operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, including disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance
- Designs and implements complex manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production
- Monitors and ensures mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards
- Identifies opportunities or implements changes, on a need basis, to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts to optimize productivity and ensure optimal use of resources
- Audits manufacturability of existing products, and recommends modifications or adaptations to address quality, customer, product, or productivity constraints
- Designs and develops manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing
- Such design and development may include new or revised processes.
- Develops procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation
- Reviews field support requirements and recommends tools and test equipment
- Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment.
- May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree from an accredited institution and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience in determining manufacturing methods and writing manufacturing assembly documentation in order to assemble high quality, highly engineered hardware
- Background courses in electrical design and/or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and special processing, such as IPC-J-STD-001E/ES, NASA-STD-8739.1, and NASA-STD-8739.4
- Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top