Senior Electrical Engineer-Hardware
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join the digital hardware design group within Mission Systems Communication Products Engineering. This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This position focuses on circuit board designs for digital hardware in communication products.
This engineer will develop digital hardware circuit boards used in high performance communication products, such as sophisticated software-defined radios and data links. This position requires experience with digital hardware design and common digital components, such as FPGAs, Microprocessors, and DDR memory. This position encompasses new design and product sustaining support roles. The selected candidate will work closely with other staff members to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle.
- Primary assignments will include use and application of electrical engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot digital hardware of moderate to high complexity for airborne and ground communication products.
- Perform circuit card design lifecycle activities including requirements capture, schematic capture, design documentation, signal integrity analysis, creation of board stackup and routing instructions, coordination and review of printed wiring board layout, creation of test plans, and root cause analysis.
- Perform trade studies as needed and select components necessary to implement the requirements
- Support lab design verification testing for circuit card assemblies
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
Candidates must have the following Experience/Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of circuit design and signal integrity is expected.
- Domain knowledge of digital electronics (e.g. Microprocessor/microcontroller, DSP, FPGA, ADC, DAC, etc.) and experience with digital electronics design principles and techniques, including experience working with lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, etc.)
- Proficiency with a schematic capture tools (examples may include Mentor Graphics xDxDesigner and/or Xpedition, Cadence Allegro, etc.) and signal integrity analysis tools (ex. Hyperlynx) for creation of circuit card designs.
- Working knowledge of digital circuit design parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay). Includes knowledge of computer hardware components (e.g., processors, memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- Have demonstrated effective problem solving skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner and produce detailed, clear and concise technical documentation.
- Experience with DO-254 related hardware design lifecycle processes, objectives, activities, and artifacts is a plus
- Ability to document requirements verification using DOORS and/or JAMA is a plus
- Understanding of the aspects of various aviation industry qualification standards, such as DO-160G
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top