United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
The Common Platform Hardware Department in Military Avionics and Helicopters has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer. The department is responsible for the development and sustainment of state of the art avionics hardware products including integrated processing cabinets, video processing modules, and control panels used in military fighter, bomber, trainer, rotary wing, and transport aircraft platforms.
These products typically leverage a combination of the following technologies and interfaces:
- Airborne Electronic Hardware including FPGAs, and ASICs
- PowerPC, Intel, and ARM embedded processing resources
- Avionics I/O interfaces including ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, and Ethernet
- Video interfaces including SMPTE, DVI, and DisplayPort
- New circuit card design and integration testing, assistance with qualification testing, support of initial manufacturing build and test efforts, and factory support for legacy products.
- New circuit card design and integration efforts typically include capturing requirements, implementing hardware design solution using schematic entry tools, working with printed circuit card designers to develop printed wiring board layout, working with technicians to debug and test hardware, and integrating hardware with other system elements, and documentation of performance for requirements verification purposes.
- Future responsibilities may include hardware architecture development for product line roadmaps and FPGA development.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Hardware requirement generation experience working with systems and subsystems teams to determine meaningful and testable requirements for the design
- Experience working with standard lab equipment for integration testing of hardware designs
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and independently on assigned tasks.
Experience following areas is desirable:
- Interfacing with complex embedded devices (microprocessors, 2D/3D graphics processors, ASICs, FPGAs) as a part of overall hardware design.
- Schematic capture of digital/analog mixed signal electrical circuit designs for avionics
- Experience completing printed circuit board (PWC) layout
- DO-160 or MIL-STD-810/MIL-STD-461 qualification
- Lighting protection circuits and testing
- FPGA development
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms