Senior Electrical Engineer
- La Mirada, CA
United States of America
HCA11: Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA
This position is fora senior Electrical and Electronics Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Directs activities in the discipline and represents the organization at external events. Evaluates operating systems, provides technical training, designs electronic components, and develops implementation schedules. The Brea site builds and delivers helicopter rescue hoists and winch systems to aircraft operators around the world. The electrical engineering team designs new systems, implements design changes to existing platforms and also supports the MRO and Operations teams with production and in-service issues.
- Drives the research, development, design, and testing of electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks to ensure that business objectives and required specifications are met.
- Represents the organization at conferences, meetings, boards, panels, committees, or working groups to present, explain, or defend findings or recommendations, negotiate compromises or agreements, or exchange information.
- Provides technical training for less experienced engineers to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Analyzes system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine feasibility of project and develop system plans.
- Designs electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
- Develops implementation schedules and proposes cost budgets to ensure projects are completed on time and within established budgets.
- Directs and coordinates activities concerning manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, operation, or modification of electronic equipment, products, or systems to ensure smooth operations of activities.
- Evaluates operational systems, prototypes and proposals and recommends repair or design modifications, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, and system capabilities to ensure required specifications are met.
- Oversees the implementation of new electronic/electrical equipment designs and modification and maintenance of existing designs/systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Leads sub-system development to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
- Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Experience in analog and digital circuit design and analysis for military or commercial aerospace applications.
- Working knowledge and understanding of qualification and regulatory requirements for commercial and military aircraft.
- Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical systems such as motors and associated controllers is highly desired.
- Working knowledge and understanding of D0-160, DO-178, DO-254, and MIL-STD-810
- EMI/EMC design and qualification testing
- Prior experience leading a development program from concept phase to customer delivery
- Experience with active power factor correction is a plus
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top