Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
This job description is for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineering position within the Common Core Subsystems team of the Common Software department. We are seeking highly motivated engineers that are ready to join our Cybersecurity team to aid in assessing the programs of the Military Helicopters, Military Products and Displays directorate for susceptibility to cyber threats. This opportunity offers the successful candidate the opportunity to aid in the architectural design decisions to protect our products in an ever growing threat environment. The person in this role will be asked to provide guidance to pursuit teams, product lines, and all levels of management to aid in meeting customer needs. A working knowledge of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), Cybersecurity experience, training as well as professional accreditation (i.e. CISSP) are desirable traits of the successful candidate. Candidates are expected to be able to support teams of hardware, software, and systems engineers to develop, integrate and evaluate new cyber security technologies.
- Support teams of hardware, software, and systems engineers to develop, integrate and evaluate new cybersecurity technologies.
- Ensures system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, system analysis, systems design, and systems hardening.
- Assist architects and system developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information assurance (IA) functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Support technical proposal preparation
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate must be able to obtain a U.S. Secret clearance
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree highly preferred) and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- 2+ years of system development experience is required
- 2+ years of Information Assurance or Cybersecurity experience is preferred
- Familiarity with the DoD Risk Management Framework is preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top