SATCOM Hardware Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Melbourne, FL
United States of America
HFL34: Melbourne, FL 1100 W Hibiscus Blvd , Melbourne, FL, 32902-2704 USA
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
The Collins Aerospace team is seeking a motivated individual to support the CNS (Communications, Navigation, and Surveillance) Communication Department SATCOM Connectivity group. The SATCOM Connectivity group supports, integrates and develops multiple commercial avionics products for the Air Transport and Business and Regional aircraft markets. The SATCOM products include new and next generation L-Band systems for flight deck and cabin services.
What You'll Do:
- Work with exceptional, highly experience engineers in the development, verification and support of communication products.
- Support requirements capture, design and integration of hardware.
- Perform verification and troubleshooting of electronic circuit boards, sub-assemblies and modules.
- Drive problems in the field and factory to closure.
- Keep yourself up to date with the latest trends in hardware engineering, electronic components and development tools.
- Collaborate and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline, and diverse development team.
What You Need:
- Strong problem solving and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Digital, Analog, or Radio Frequency (RF) circuits
- Familiarity with standard test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and analyzers
- Self-starting attitude to work in a highly cross functional environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
Experience with any of the following is a plus but not specifically required:
- Avionics systems ; satellite radio communication equipment
- Experience with DO-254, DO-178C, ARP4754A product and process development standards
- Qualification testing to DO-160
- Project management
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top