- Plymouth, United Kingdom
Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At the Plymouth location we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®.
A vacancy has arisen for a Qualification Engineer to work within the Engineering Qualification team. This position is to work within the Qualification team supporting and leading qualification projects to enable delivery of hardware to customers.
- Working with customers both internally and externally to understand their specifications
- Creating effective qualification procedures and qualification plans for new and existing products
- Carry out qualification testing, analysis, reporting and compliance tracking
- Support to planning, estimation and project management activities
- Minimum 3 years' experience of qualification test planning, test support, analysis and reporting, covering Environmental or Functional aspects.
- Knowledge / understanding of electronics or mechanical engineering
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline.
Desirable Experience includes at least some of the following:
- Knowledge of MIL-Spec standards
- Mathematical modelling tools ( e.g Matlab)
- Statistical methods tools ( e.g Minitab)
- Inertial systems and measurement
- Project lead experience
- Competent in technical report writing
- Knowledge of test equipment, including Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analysers and Multimeters.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top