Project Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
We are seeking a project engineering co-op to join our team. Major job responsibilities include coordination of all necessary internal, supplier, and customer activities.
- Perform system and component requirements review and compliance assessments
- Provide design oversight, including generation of drawings, specifications and summary reports
- Execute tasks aligned with the engineering standard work tool
- Interface with suppliers and members of the technical design team to manage the design and integration of complex assemblies
- Hold regular meeting with the cross functional IPD team, take action items, and publish meeting minutes
- Create risk and mitigation plan
- Create detail presentations for design reviews and other internal/customer reviews
- Create hardware matrix to support procurement with development and production hardware deliveries
- Support process certification and production incorporation
- Conduct investigations using Relentless Root Cause & Corrective Action (RRCA)
- Coordinate all Engineering Changes (Collins/Suppliers)
- New product development per Collins standard work
- Cross-functional IPD experience
- Interface with suppliers and customers
- Project management
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, possess a sense of ownership and urgency and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and execution skills with ability to multi-task to meet challenging schedule and budget
- Ability to work across organization, team members, suppliers, and customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top