- Plymouth, United Kingdom
Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
In the Atlantic Inertial Systems business we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace, defence and commercial markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based inertial sensors and IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®. Our growth plan includes development and extension of our current technologies into civil aircraft applications.
A vacancy has arisen for a Project Engineer. This position is to support our existing business and enable future growth by providing support to new product development and current production programmes within the Plymouth Collins business.
- Technical Team Lead throughout Project lifecycle - Product Entrepreneur
- Customer Technical focal - project, technical, change management
- Ensure projects delivered projects to schedule, cost & quality
- Providing inputs to planning, estimation and project management activities
- Technical support for Customer focused presentations, teleconferences, meetings and exhibitions
- Support to customer integration and trials activities
- Support to Bids and Proposals: resourcing and technical compliance
- Obtaining Customer requirements, generation of cardinal points specifications, solution development and compliance tracking
The role may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
Highly Desirable Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in an Engineering role on sensor related product design and development to military, aerospace and commercial standards
- Experience of the product introduction lifecycle (concept definition to product launch)
- Leading multidiscipline teams
Desirable Experience includes at least some of the following:
- Project lead experience
- International collaboration, multi-cultural team-working
- Competent in technical report writing and presentations
- A team player and effective communicator
- Integration of systems, hardware or software with military or civil aircraft
- Able to interact at all technical levels with technical teams and/or project leaders
Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or a similar discipline.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Employee Referral Scheme Eligible
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top