Program Chief Engineer
- Jamestown, ND
United States of America
HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
The Program Chief Engineer is the technical lead for all programs that the business supports and will help develop strong customer relationships enabling the business to grow and execute business in hand. The Program Chief Engineer has direct supervision of several Integrated Product Team (IPT) leaders and supporting Project Engineers. The Program Chief Engineer is expected to have a strong technical and project engineering background. It is also expected that the candidate possesses the ability to quickly become proficient in several Collins' product families to support technical and programmatic discussions with all Collins' business units.
- The Program Chief Engineer is accountable and responsible for performance of the engineering team to plan, including technical, quality, schedule and cost aspects of the portfolio
- Ensures resource demands are communicated to the various disciplines to ensure that projects are staffed to meet Customer commitments
- Ensure and engage in the development of personnel, including mentoring and demonstrating by example
- Full engineering lifecycle including, technology development, engineering development, new product introduction, transition to production, sustainment engineering, obsolescence, REACh, field support, business development are activities that the Program Chief Engineer engages in, leads or has oversight of
- Key engineering interface with assigned customers for project portfolio including development of plans for the advancement of products to meet future customer needs including support of product line strategy development and technology roadmapping events
- Co-ordinate support to production issues as needed
- Ensures program scope is understood, and identifies overall budgetary needs for successful project execution
- Drives execution and performance measurement of the Integrated Product Development (IPD) process to ensure all requirements and objectives are met on schedule and within the authorized budget
- Develops overall program milestones and master schedules for engineering activities.
- Develops a schedule for program technical reviews, and ensures design reviews are executed to standard work, including review and approval of deviations and task tailoring
- Review and approval of formal program technical communication and documentation with customer
- Supports the respective business unit's Program Management Office (PMO) change management process with impact assessments, trade studies, and assertions.
- Ensures the development and management of technical risks and develop and executes mitigation plans
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Strong aerospace systems engineering background with deep technical knowledge in various aircraft sub-systems preferred
- Demonstrates strong customer and internal stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and ability to work across the organization and various disciplines, including Engineering, Quality, Business and Operations
- Ability to communicate complex technical subjects with clarity and precision
- Gravitas and executive presence to present ideas and status to customers and key stakeholders
- Ability to lead and coach IPT leaders to develop core leadership skills and innovative solutions to problems
- Project management and performance measurement using an Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Strong process skills and familiarization with Lean, Agile, ACE, UPPAP, and policy deployment
- Ability to prepare and deliver key program metrics and internal/external presentations
- Experience running multiple complex projects that include teams from multiple locations and countries
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems, cargo systems, and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top