Production Support Engineering, Intern (Summer 2021)
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
03: Building 03 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
PW Engineering Partnership Office, for the Power & Controls Business has an opening for a Disassembly Assembly Test (DAT) Engineering co-op that will be based in West Palm Beach, FL. In this customer facing position, the selected candidate shall directly interact with the Engine Centers and Assembly floor personnel with all assembly concerns across multiple Engine Programs regarding Engine & Environmental Control Systems products.
As a DAT Support Engineer Co-Op you will be responsible for:
- Daily Support of the Engine Center at PW Assembly sites.
- Research Supplier Specs and drawings to substantiate rework or repair of hardware.
- Provide Collins support to material concerns (lost or misplaced within SAP and transactions).
- Receive Program Office direction on how to best deliver to commitments and salvage hardware, and execute to plan.
- Present paths to deliver hardware to the assembly floor in support of schedule requirements.
- Re-op MFR quality hardware as defined by engineering, product definition, and supplier information.
- Work with product owners to update technical publications based on in process findings.
- Participate in leading repair initiatives at the MRO Engine Centers while coordinating and presenting plans and direction with Collins and Pratt & Whitney leadership
- Support the removal of investigative hardware from designated field engines and assuring replacements are allocated from the spares or exchange pools
- Develop a repair database that is searchable for all power and controls material using Excel
- Daily maintenance of submitted task file and open action
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Preferred Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarized with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project)
- Individuals that are self-motivated
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top