PRODUCTION GROUP LEAD (Swing Shift)
- Fairfield, CA
United States of America
HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
The B-21 Process Tech Group Lead performs varying tasks in a fast paced quick changing environment. This position is a highly technical position, which requires working with hazardous propellant and transforming it into propellant and propellant actuated devices. There are a variety of equipment and set ups to operate and maintain. The Group Lead must display leadership qualities to assist the supervisor with the day to day activities and embody the ACE operating philosophy. The Group Lead is responsible to help maintain a constant flow of work through the area and ensure the area is maintaining all compliance expectations, which includes but is not limited to: Logging new work into the area, prioritizing work flow per the dispatch list or business needs, closing out the work orders and ensure accuracy of the paperwork, notify supervisor of issues, work closely with planning and engineering to identify and resolve issues in real time, update and maintain KPI metrics as required for the area. Note, this position is for a swing shift schedule.
- Operate all press styles that are available in the department (i.e. dead weight, hydraulic, air-over hydraulic).
- Routine daily setup of measuring equipment (i.e. scales, drop indicators, calipers).
- Must conduct careful logging of process parameters on work orders and data sheets.
- Make precise measurements with standard measuring instruments and balances and record on proper documentation. Be alert to recognizing problems with any data and/or equipment, and notify their group leader or supervisor as tolerance limits are approached to avoid making defective parts.
- Communicate potential mechanical and safety problems effectively and immediately.
- Handle open and loose energetics in accordance with safety regulations, while maintaining exact inventory.
- Perform all production-related work assigned by supervisor or group leader in strict accordance with written procedures
- Identify, control and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste including solvents, explosives, and lead.
- Read and operate per Manufacturing Procedure, Standards, and Drawings with guidance from engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of explosive, chemical, or basic manufacturing experience is required for Level IV.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and ability to read and understand English.
- Basic mathematics, reading and comprehension, and written and oral communication skills.
- Mathematical aptitude (good working knowledge of basic math) and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is a plus.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and maintain proper documentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Can perform basic manufacturing operations with the assistance of a certified trainer.
- Must be capable of adapting to changing situations and priorities upon the direction of supervision.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of operations.
- Performs other duties as required and available for overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to concentrate on the task at hand for extensive periods of time.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top