Process Technician I (Swing Shift)
- Fairfield, CA
United States of America
HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Process Tech performs varying tasks in a fast paced quick changing environment. This position is a highly technical position, which requires working with hazardous chemicals and transforming them into propellant and propellant actuated devices. There is an abundance of equipment spread across several buildings to operate and maintain. Operator must have a degree of experience utilizing a complex series of HMI systems to perform the many remote operations required. This position is on our Swing Shift schedule.
- Minimum 1 year of explosive or chemical manufacturing or handling experience is preferred for Level I.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and ability to read and understand English.
- Basic mathematics, reading and comprehension, and written and oral communication skills.
- At least two years energetic materials processing, manufacturing, and/or assembly experience.
- Mathematical aptitude (good working knowledge of basic math.) and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word a plus
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and simultaneously maintain proper documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Can perform basic functions with the assistance of a certified trainer.
- Must be capable of adapting to changing situations upon the direction of supervision, and be able to thoroughly document variations from standards.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of operations.
- Performs other duties as required and available for overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds several times per hour.
- Able to become respirator fit tested for safe operations
- Ability to concentrate on the task at hand for extensive periods of time.
- Experience with operating human machine interface (HMI) software to operate equipment and monitor control bands to detect and prevent defects from occurring in real time a plus.
- Ample prep work and critical set up and tear down of casting tubes and tooling.
- Operate numerous and differing complex equipment both manually and remotely via HMI.
- Routine daily setup of complex casting equipment, casting tooling, liner machines, and tube prep.
- Must conduct routine TPM, basic maintenance, and careful logging of process parameters on work orders, data sheets and propellant job travelers (PJT's).
- Make precise measurements with standard measuring instruments and balances, remote monitoring software perform basic calculations and record on proper documentation. Be alert to recognizing problems with any of this equipment, and notify their group leader or supervisor as tolerance limits are approached to avoid making defective parts.
- Communicate potential mechanical and safety problems effectively and immediately.
- Handle very large amounts chemicals and energetics in accordance with safety regulations, while maintaining exact inventory.
- Perform all production-related work assigned by supervisor or group leader in strict accordance with written procedures
- Inventory control of large quantities of chemicals and propellants, upwards of 1000's of pounds of movement in a single shift.
- Identify, control and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste including solvents, explosives, and lead.
- Read and operate per Manufacturing Procedure, Propellant Job Traveler, and Drawings with guidance from engineering and the chemistry departments.
- Cleanup of various machines, tooling, and areas from chemicals and propellants.
- In-plant transportation, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Understands document revisions and standards governing documenting procedures. Stamps operations, reads MP prior to starting work and any other documented instructions without oversight.
- Complete documentation of work (i.e. marriage log, data sheet, etc.) without oversight.
- Work while wearing a respirator for certain operations as required.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor/assistant supervisor. It is also Propulsion California's policy to make reasonable accommodations in the essential functions of the above referenced job description for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
- Frequent work with average to heavy-weight materials, and frequent standing/sitting for long periods.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals, noise, oils, solvents, greases, and energetic materials used in conjunction with the casting processes.
- Some exposure to potential hazards due to the relatively large quantity of chemicals, explosives and other materials used, and occasional hand-processing of raw explosives and chemicals while wearing a respirator.
- Overtime frequently required on short notice in order to meet business demands.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top