Principal Systems Engineer - Strategic Programs
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Principal Systems Engineer - Mission Systems Strategic Programs
We are currently searching for a Principal Systems Engineer to join the SEIT (System Engineering Integration and Test) team as we support the Mission System's Strategic Programs. Candidates should be well versed in avionic systems and capable of performing design work as an architect or chief system engineer. A large portion of this role's time will be supporting the SP101 program in designing new capabilities or changes to enable mission capabilities in a Pro Line Fusion® avionics suite. Candidates should also expect to support new pursuit work across the mission business areas by leveraging capabilities and products from across the organization to create advanced system of systems aligned with Multi-Domain Operations (MDO).
- Support development of system level proposals and participate on pursuit development strategy teams
- Serve as system architect for highly complex and highly strategic mission systems development area
- Develop and maintain technology roadmaps for future architectures and leverage existing product line roadmaps from across the Raytheon Technologies different business units.
- Executing system development trade studies
- Development of concepts of operations
- Developing product requirements at the system/component level for mechanical/electrical/software
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree highly preferred) and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Proven system architect comfortable with developing system concepts and missions, performing architecture trade studies, and generating requirements for flow-down
- Experience in training and mentoring less experienced engineers
- Knowledge of Collins architectures used by different platforms
- Experience in executing platform systems tests
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with customers and other companies to maximize the system benefit
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - translate technical ideas into business concepts.
- Be self-directed, able to meet cost, schedule, and performance objectives with minimal oversight
- Current US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Experience with systems/software modeling languages (SysML, UML, AADL, or equivalent).
- Experience with visual modeling and design tools (Enterprise Architect or equivalent).
- Experience with DoD open systems architecture and protocols (FACE, JCA, HOST, etc) is required.
- Strong level of understanding of the Collins bid process.
- Experience in technical proposal writing.
- Make/Buy Decision-making and trade study experience.
- Experience working systems on Pro Line Fusion architectures
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top