Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
The Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering is a member of the Advanced Engine Programs Systems Integration team. The Principal Engineer leverages their experience in fuel and actuation architecture studies and system design, including detailed knowledge of system and component (pump and actuation) sizing. The Principal Engineer collaborates with industry and government customers in the development and integration of innovative technology and products for the next generation of advanced engine and aircraft systems.
- Fuel and actuation architecture and system design, including system and component (pump and actuation) sizing
- System integration of engine control system components, including: electronic engine controls (FADEC), control effectors and sensors, and hydro mechanical components such as: engine actuators, fuel pumps, and fuel controls.
- Control system analysis to support requirements development/verification
- System level coordination of engine requirements and verification planning with multi-disciplinary teams within UTAS and with our customers
- Requirements Management and Allocation
- Architecture Studies
- Support for issue investigation for development and fielded hardware, software, and subsystems using relentless Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) process
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Experience in fuel and actuation architecture studies and system design, including detail knowledge of system and component (pump and actuation) sizing.
- Experience with Collins and Pratt & Whitney tools and design and qualification processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with DOORs, Matlab, Dymola, Cameo Systems Modeler, Mathcad, Smart Sketch
- Experience in Engine Control Systems
- Demonstrated experience with Model Based Design Tools & Practices
- Experience in Fuel and Actuation Systems
- Demonstrated experience with Hardware Integration
- Experience with System Dynamic Modeling, System Verification and Validation
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverage you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top