Principal Digital Electronics Design Engineer
- Rockford, IL
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
We are looking for a digital and microprocessor architecture electrical advisory engineer that is capable of leading the advancement and strategy for Electronic Controller designs. The candidate will be expected to further department design processes and standards as well as bridging the gap between the hardware and software teams. This role will include regularly troubleshooting complex problems, developing solutions, and communicating outcomes. Mentoring and assessing the analysis work of staff engineers is also an expectation. Candidate would ideally be familiar with aerospace design processes, and procedures such as DO-254 and DO-178.
- Evaluating/Contributing to proposals for future work
- Creation and evaluation of processes the department and business
- Advancing digital and microprocessor architecture technologies for the business with a focus on re-usability for future programs
- Mentoring and Evaluating design analysis work of staff engineers/participation in department design reviews
- Creation of design concepts and requirements for new programs
- Troubleshooting design related problems
- Collaborate across disciplines
- Experience in digital and microprocessor architecture design of products
- Previous experience working in a team environment and communicating across all levels of an organization
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Master's degree in Electrical or Digital Design or similar discipline
- Aerospace experience
- Familiarity with DO-254 hardware design processes as well as DO-178 software design processes
- Development of strategic roadmaps
- Develop and support program plans
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top