Operations Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Winston Salem, NC
United States of America
HNC34: US107-Winston-Salem (Fairchild 1455 Fairchild Road , Winston-Salem, NC, 27105 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don't just get people from point A to point B. We're committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we're helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we're changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Operations Intern in our Interiors Services & Support business unit, located in Winston Salem, NC.
Reporting to the Global Operations Director, this exciting program will expose students to assignments in the areas of Operations, Distribution/Warehousing, and Operational Excellence while preparing them for stimulating operations roles upon graduation. We are current seeking a new intern to start during the Summer of 2021 to work across the specific roles and responsibilities within each area described below.
- Incorporate knowledge gained in school in solving real Operations problems by participating in discussions with Operations Managers and Functional partners in coming up with solutions to problems that arise.
- Run analysis tools to generate performance data, and learn what leaders look for and how they make decisions.
- Development in connecting daily operations to Customer Satisfaction and Performance to Forecast.
- Learn key roles within Operations through shadowing and partnering with area leaders. Participating in working key processes around Production Planning and Scheduling, Bill of Materials (BOM) management, Quality Control, Inventory Management, and Material Handling.
Distribution / Warehousing:
- Learn key roles within Distribution through shadowing and partnering with area leaders. Participating in working key processes around Receiving, Warehouse Management Systems, Shipping and Kitting.
- Participate in documenting and developing improvements in stockroom accuracy and cycle counting.
- Learn the Collins Aerospace operating system and ACE (achieving competitive excellence) culture.
- Develop skill set in documenting Standard Work, Time Observations, and building Percent Load Charts.
- Participate in lean kaizen events to improve material flow, material presentation to the work cells, and shop floor optimization.
- Two (2) years of course work towards a Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management from four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top