Operational Excellence Manager
- Monroe, NC
United States of America
HNC12: Customer Services - Monroe 4115 Corporate Center Drive, Monroe, NC, 28110 USA
Ensures that the quality of suppliers, products and processes are compliant with internal and regulatory standards and are continuously improving.
Develops and manages quality programs (e.g., ACE) to assist internal staff, suppliers, customers, and partners with initiatives to reengineer processes and methods that adequately assure quality of an organization's products. Oversees internal ACE/lean trainings and facilitates ACE events. Ensures and enables ACE site & Cell certifications. Recommends process and procedural changes to ensure that company objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met. Ensures that quality control procedures adequately evaluate an organization's products. Provides process certification, PFMEA, 8D Problem Solving & Red-X and UPPAP element support and training. Leads team of intermediate to experienced quality professionals, setting objectives and guiding others on the execution and approach for achievement by using ACE/Continuous Improvement tools resulting in improved operational results. Responsible for moderate to significant improvements to processes, systems and products to enhance quality performance.
- Manages a team of primarily intermediate or experienced professionals, with freedom to determine how assignments are completed (e.g., objectives and approaches to completing work).
- Sets objectives and guides others on execution/approach for achievement of operational results.
- Problems faced are difficult and involve consideration of multiple variables.
- Explains policies, practices, and procedures and may influence others.
- Manages all levels of professional level ACE employees focused on reengineering initiatives that utilize lean, continuous improvement, project management, and business integration skill sets.
- Directs employees to apply ACE tools and methodologies in business and manufacturing environments to drive best in class processes while working to become a recognized ACE Practitioner/ACE Master.
- Ensures that best practices related to quality control procedures are used to effectively evaluate an organization's products. Leads ACE Site Assessments for small sites to enable ACE site and cell certifications
- Analyzes monthly ACE Performance Metrics to ensure that organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
- Directs employees to demonstrate proper application and interpretation of the ACE criteria in order to gain certification as an ACE Silver/Gold assessor.
- Provides highly specialized expertise and content for ACE training materials to ensure a successful ACE Certification Program
- Develops methods for identifying and implementing best practices to ensure quality control procedures effectively evaluate an organization's products.
- Leads large ACE Site Assessments to enable ACE site and cell certifications.
- Develops and implements standards for the proper application and interpretation of the ACE criteria that is required to become a certified ACE Silver/Gold assessor.
Professional experience and qualifications:
- 7+ years experience within Manufacturing/Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific related discipline or Supply Chain Management required. MBA or advanced engineering degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Direct experience leading and supporting operational excellence in Aerospace or Automotive industry, is strongly preferred. Direct experience leading Quality Management System is a plus.
- Passion for excellence
- Must possess a strategic perspective, leading vision and values, global acumen, and leadership disposition
- Must be skilled in strategic thinking, managing through systems, and innovation management,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Clear demonstration of the ability to lead through influence, effectively drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Must possess strong verbal and communication skills, and a well-developed ability to constructively work across functional areas and levels to achieve results
- Expertise in project management principles and application including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to multi-task a large number of projects and evaluate priorities with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in developing presentations to facilitate meaningful discussions, with clearly communicated analysis, findings, and impact
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success . We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top