NDT Tech II
- Fairfield, CA
United States of America
HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
The NDT Technician II performs varying tasks in a fast paced quick changing environment. This position is a highly technical position. There are a variety of equipment and set ups to operate and maintain.
- Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method.
- Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard.
- Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel.
- Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as used by the employer.
- When specified in the written practice, be capable of developing work instructions from approved general procedures. Such work instructions shall require final approval by a Level 3 certified in the method.
- Have a basic knowledge of relevant product manufacturing and inspection technology.
- When specified in the written practice, have a basic knowledge of aircraft or vehicle maintenance.
- This is a Swing Shift position
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with Ordnance, Aerospace or aviation strongly desired
- Experience in Manufacturing X-Ray field is a plus
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with digital/computed radiography is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint and engineering drawings and be able to document non-conformances as required
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Candidate must meet vision and color perception requirements
- Willingness to work overtime as requested and non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays
- Have the skills and knowledge to carry out necessary preparation of parts before and after inspection in accordance with approved work instruction
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top