Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This position is for an experienced Mechanical Technician in the Component & Material Evaluation Laboratory. Candidate will work under the direct guidance of a Master Mechanical Technician in the lab and support Component Engineers with mechanical and material & process backgrounds. Candidate will devise test methods and perform testing on a broad range of mechanical components and materials to qualify new suppliers and validate specification performance. When proficient in these skills, the candidate will be trained to perform failure analysis leading to root cause on manufacturing failures and field returns using both experimental and analytical methods.
- Candidate will be trained to operate numerous pieces of equipment including but not limited to a tensile tester, hardness testers, X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), cross sectioning equipment, Fourier Transform Infra-Red analyzer (FTIR), Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and numerous optical microscopes.I
- Interpreting Collins Aerospace specifications, vendor data sheets, Mil and Industry Standards, defining test set-ups, fixture construction, testing, detailed documentation and test summarization
- Support primary components to include: mechanical hardware, connectors, contacts, cable assemblies, wire, housings, and bearings
- Performs moderately complex technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects.
- Analyzes workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, or machine utilization.
- Diagnoses test setups and equipment to resolve malfunctions.
- Conducts moderately complex materials test and analysis.
- Plans and executes experiments and gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines.
- Analyzes, maintains, compiles and formats data and design changes.
- Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modification or electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
- Evaluation of raw materials, solders, lubricants, contaminants, plating finish and coatings on various component types is also common
- AA/AS Degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience OR
- Bachelor's Degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is Required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Strong mechanical aptitude and competency in engineering fundamentals via courses in statics, strength of materials, kinematics, hydraulics, dynamics and machine design
- Strong attention to detail and task organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a high performance team.
- Proficient computer skills with office software applications and a proven ability to use basic data analysis tools
- A strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, effective collaboration and teamwork, follow through, and interpersonal skills.
- Metallurgical and chemical training/knowledge
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top