Mechanical Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Heat Exchanger Group at Collins Aerospace is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern.
The successful candidate will use fundamentals of design and structural analysis to ensure the heat exchanger is designed or modified for mass production. The candidate will typically work in an integrated product development team or existing production team to generate or update functional requirements that will meet the internal and external customers' needs and requirements.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing definition and tolerances.
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication, brazing, and welding techniques.
- Proficient in the use of PC based office software
- Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written form.
- Ability to manage parallel responsibilities and meet schedule commitments.
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to understand code/script tools (Python, MatLab, VB, etc.)
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top