Mechanical Design Engineer Specialist
- Windsor Locks, CT
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
For this position we seek a senior design engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. She/ he will design major components, provide technical guidance to junior engineers, and make recommendations to management. In addition the design engineer will present designs for engineering, technical and business reviews, and coordinate with other functions and organizations.
- Using the 3D modeling software CREO, create design definition for light weight components and assemblies that is clear, accurate, complete that conforms to internal standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Investigating pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, tolerancing and effects of tolerancing, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Able to create detail stress analysis and reports used to evaluate the integrity of hardware for the environments of space hardware.
- Designs new products and processes, and improves and maintains existing products to help create better products or processes and ensure that the current and future needs of the business are met.
- Resolves design problems of moderate to complex scope to ensure project completion.
- Work to build their core-competencies of mechanical engineering.
- Work to the mechanical design best practices, processes and procedures within the Standard Work framework.
- Participate in the proposal process where mechanical engineering resources are required
- Must be able to create detail stress analysis and reports used to evaluate the integrity of hardware for the environments of space hardware
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in science, engineering, technology or math is preferred
- Prior mentorship experience is highly preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top