Materials & Planning Intern (Summer 2021)
- Foley, AL
United States of America
HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
This position is for an intern in Planning / Scheduling who prepares schedules and/or shipments, maintains production reports, keeps track of inventory levels and material flow and contacts procurement focal to running production, or any other similar processes. Intern contributor on a project or work team. Has basic (theoretical) knowledge. Problems faced may be difficult or complex. Work is moderately supervised. Influences others within the work area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Key customers are the cell who supports daily. Administrate all aspects of the role, as ensuring material availability, gathering data, reports, metrics, cycle count, inventory control, etc. Ensures proper use of MRP system, ensuring integrity of policies applicable.
- Communicates and escalates any variation, drop ins, or changes. Main focus is to support the cell daily, ensuring orders are flowing and product delivered as planned.
- Accountable to resolve the issues impacting the cell, attending RTPR's, Tier meetings or any problem solving, process needed to take countermeasures and fix root causes.
- Get support from more seasoned professionals and leaders, when faces unplanned or more complex situations.
- Learn the fundamentals of key business processes and functional concepts necessary to succeed in the role.
- Needs to understand process, product, policy application on Materials flow, inventory, work orders, MRP. Complies with all basic requirements of the role.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top