Materials Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2021)
- United States
United States of America
HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The individual will perform; materials testing and analysis supporting materials testing and analysis supporting special processes including plating, coatings, surface enhancement, etc, preparing and reviewing materials testing procedures and standard work and provide support to M&PT failure investigations and innovation projects.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus
Incumbent's responsibilities will generally focus on Materials Testing, Chemical Processing, and Surface Engineering.
- Support on-site special processes by conducting material testing and analysis
- Support innovation projects by conducting material and chemical testing and analysis
- Support failure analysis investigations by conducting material and chemical testing and analysis
- Participate in multi-disciplinary problem solving teams using RRCA techniques.
- Support internal manufacturing operations in special processing by laboratory testing, process troubleshooting, training, process development and qualification.
- Support product and process improvements.
- Other duties as prescribed by the organization
Level of Responsibility
- With supervision perform the M&PT roles as described above.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Can interface effectively with M&PT colleagues.
- Demonstrate problem solving and self-directed behavior
- Work to existing processes.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and use complex technical processes.
- Committed to safety and UTC values
- Supports the ACE philosophy.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Back to top